Some Major Features
The first step of reading any work is familiarizing with the introduction. This part contains information about the goals and issues that will be discussed in the subsequent sections. It is very important to work with all the necessary elements because the final result and success of work directly depend on the quality of the introduction.
Of course, the introduction is the most crucial part of any story, since it is it that sets the pace for the work and contributes to the further development of the process. Research and academic papers are no exception. That is why it is very important to seriously and responsibly write the introduction. This stage allows the reader to briefly familiarize themselves with the subject of your research and have a general idea of the work. Freshness, lightness, and excitement are the main components of an excellent introduction. Forget banal or unnecessary information. This will only prevent a competent and high-quality presentation of your position. Focus on conciseness and attractiveness.
In fact, it often takes the reader 10-15 seconds to form an opinion about the text. If during this time the author was unable to grab the attention of the audience and interest her, there is a great chance that this work will not succeed. However, having the knowledge necessary to write a good introduction will help you avoid this outcome.
The Main Task of Introduction
The quality narrative does not guarantee that readers will decide to read your work. In this case, the introduction will be your reliable friend. It is this, at first glance, the smallest detail that occupies one of the main positions and shows the audience the need to familiarize themselves with your academic paper. We have prepared key strategies and aspects that should be addressed.
yourself in the place of the reader. We mentioned earlier the need to get the
audience’s attention in fifteen seconds. If the author fails to cope with this
task, the reader will most likely pass by. Statistics confirm this fact,
allocating 55% percent.
Check your entry several times and think about whether you would read it if you were not the author. If your work is devoid of certain “zest”, make the necessary adjustments and think about something that can attract the attention of the audience. You can turn to other people and show your achievements to them.
- Add a
touch of humor. You can draw the reader’s attention with intriguing and comical
details. Most likely, no one will ignore such a narrative and continue to
familiarize themselves with the work. Try to show the most serious and complex
things from a different angle.
A few more notes and tips: even academic papers, the key aspect of which is a practical application, may depend on the method of narration and disclosure of the topic. Focus on the issues and issues that may be encountered by readers interested in your publication. The beginning of such work can be a summary of your own thoughts that can bring your product to the center of the attention of the audience.
- Indicate that this work is not primarily intended for the readership. Remember that when you focus someone else’s attention on the need to abandon any action, its implementation is often an involuntary result. For instance, after the manual does not think about the red snake, the first thought of a person will most likely be connected with the image of this animal. (Do not be afraid, it will not harm you!) A similar strategy can be applied while working with the introduction.
- Provide some personal information. Using such material will help you get closer to your audience and arouse interest in further disclosing the information that is outlined at the beginning. You can also emphasize the uniqueness of your work and make readers learn as soon as possible about what will happen next.
- Do not forget to ask questions. Some people believe that using this method is too common and excessive during the presentation of the introduction to any work. However, in the process of writing, you may encounter the need to introduce some kind of clue that the information provided requires. The most effective way is to describe the question, the answer to which readers can only find out after familiarizing themselves with the further development of events.
Key Points to Consider
In fact, there is no perfect formula with which you can write a great introduction. The further process depends on a number of different elements, including the theme that you reveal, the specifics of the genre and the readership. However, there are some basic points that can guide you to quality work.
- Brevity is your ally. The writing of such works does not require strict and clear guidelines. However, practice shows that four to five sentences will be the most appropriate volumes for the opening paragraph.
- Avoid unnecessary information. Your introduction should contain the only clear and necessary information for the following sections. Using a clean and clear presentation of thoughts will be the best option and will help to focus the attention of the audience. Do not waste time and words on dubious sentences.
- Try deleting the first phrase. Often the first few sentences of the introduction may be superfluous and perform the function of setting up and directing the author to the correct work. See how your paragraph changes in the absence of the first phrases.
- Do not overdo it. You should pay attention to this item since it is extremely important. Sometimes the information that you provided in the introduction may lose its value after writing the following parts of the work. Avoid this!
- Consider further developments. If you work through the rest of the article in advance, the introduction can be much easier.
- Remember to edit and format. Even if your plot is the most exciting, the abundance of errors will disappoint the audience and force you to refuse to read the work.