Brief Information About ASA Format
The authors of various academic papers on sociological disciplines are guided by certain rules, which are presented by the ASA Citation Format. This style was developed by the American Sociological Association. It contains information about the location and formatting of footnotes and links, while the main task is to help scientists with writing different materials for publications.
As mentioned earlier, this citation style belongs to the American Sociological Association and is key in writing a number of scientific papers, especially sociological ones.
In fact, the ASA Citation Format was intended for writers and editors of American Sociological Association journals. Like other common systems, ASA Style is characterized by various changes, which depend on the specifics of the used material.
What Is It
Using quotes is a huge piece of work during writing various academic papers. Incorrect design can significantly affect the final result or even have terrible consequences for the author! For this reason, students who study sociological disciplines should be familiar with the main features of the ASA Citation Format and follow the necessary rules in the process of collecting and analyzing research materials from other scientists.
Some Key Aspects
Earlier, we mentioned the difference in citation methods that are caused by the original sources. However, the era of technological progress has presented the various mechanisms, which can facilitate the use of quotes. On the other hand, the author still needs to have an idea of the main aspects of the ASA and AMA Format.
For instance, this knowledge may be useful for you to comply with the requirements of the handwritten format. There are the following aspects among them:
- Double spacing and 12 points. This clause also applies to the references and footnotes.
- Use margins of at least an inch from each side of the page.
- Your work should have a title page indicating the title, the name of each author, the number of words (do not forget about footnotes and links). It is also necessary to provide such information about the authors, address, scientific degree, grants, and other data.
- Sometimes it is necessary to add a short summary of your work. It should be written on a separate page and have a headline, while the volume of the annotation is 200 words.
- The main text of your academic paper should begin on a new page.
- In-Text ASA Format has slight differences.
- When working with the references, it is necessary to indicate the name of the author, publisher and year of publication. If we are talking about making direct quotes in addition to the above, you need not forget about quotes, and then specify specific pages.
- If you mention the author in the text, indicate the year of publication of his work in brackets.
- In another situation, when the name does not appear during the narration, your task is to provide information about the author’s name and year of publication.
- If you are dealing with a direct quote and indicate page numbers, post them after a year of publication, separating by a colon.
- A cited book or article may have multiple authors. In this case, your task is to mention each of them after the first quote. Then you can select one, and designate the remaining two with the word “others”.
- The start and end of a direct quote are quotation marks.
In fact, avoiding the use of footnotes is a very common recommendation when writing various papers. On the other hand, this function is extremely suitable during the use of citations, access to which is limited or if the studied material is contained in the table and other aspects of the work.
If your work contains footnotes, indicate them in numerical order, using the superscript, and do not forget to mention when working with the final footnote.
A bibliography or list of references also requires a number of different guidelines.
- Working with a bibliography is one of the final steps in writing paper. All sources that you mentioned earlier should be on this page.
- References and citations in the text are interrelated aspects of the work.
- Use double spacing to separate links.
- The list of bibliographic sources should be in alphabetical order and contain the names of the authors.
- If the work contains several quotes or works of one writer, their list must be compiled in chronological order.
- Information about the author begins with a surname.
- If the quoted material is repeated, you can replace the author’s indication with six hyphens and a period.
- The periodical or book you are researching should be highlighted in italics. if this option is not available, you can use underscore.
- Information about the city and state is also a necessary aspect of compiling a bibliographic list. If you work with materials of foreign authors, be sure to indicate the country.
Cover Page Design
The initial phase of working with the ASA Citation Format is an extremely significant and responsible process that requires consideration of some points. Here are some recommendations that can help you with this piece of work.
- Work with a quality and proven processor. For instance, Microsoft Word.
- Times New Roman and Arial are the most common fonts used in writing various academic papers.
- Edit the fields. They should be at least one inch from the edges.
- Each piece of work must be written using double spacing.
- Highlight books and publications using italics (press Ctrl I to do it).
- The work should have a cover page that contains the full name of the study and the name of the author. If necessary, indicate the name of the supervisor or class.
- In some cases, a brief summary of 200 words is required.
- When making headlines, follow the instructions below.
- *A FIRST LEVEL. This heading can be centered or left-handed and contains uppercase letters. Avoid bold.
- *A Second Level. You can also place this heading on the left edge or in the center of the page. However, it should be italicized and letters in both upper and lower case should be used. Forget the bold.
- *A Third Level. Like the previous ones, this heading is shown in italics. It also has similarities with the other two, as it is centered or left-aligned and does not require bold type. However, remember to be limited to the first word!
- The title should be the beginning of your article or other academic paper. For this reason, you should avoid using words such as “introduction”. This feature distinguishes ASA Format from other citation methods.
- Citation is an essential part of your research. In addition to carefully working with the content, do not ignore the necessary recommendations when formatting. Mention all authors, publisher, year, and page numbers. The latter should be used for direct citation and correspond to the specified edition.
Useful information: APA vs MLA Format in Academic Papers: How to Choose?
A Few Final Recommendations
The use of other people’s materials while writing is a long and complex process, for a high-quality result of which it is necessary to responsibly treat all key aspects. Scientific work is impossible without the use of quotes. Of course, this may have the right to life, but such a narrative would be a work of art rather than an academic one.
Long and detailed notes distract the attention of the audience from the main content of the work. That is why you need to use footnotes. The writer must also provide information in the form of the name of the author and the year of publication of his research paper. This paragraph is mandatory both when using direct citation and when paraphrasing the position of another researcher.
If you do not add anything of your own to the author’s thought, use quotation marks at the beginning and at the end. In this case, the ASA Citation Format requires a specific page. The final step in writing your work is to compile a “List of references”, also known as a “Bibliography”. Here your task is to draw up a list of materials that you quoted in the text. While other citation systems enumerate in numerical order, ASA Format requires an alphabetical order, based on the names of the authors. The first line should be left-aligned. Next, you need to add an indent from 5-7 spaces. Use the uppercase letters when specifying the title. Prepositions are an exception. Printed materials and electronic resources have the same citation requirements.
We at WriteMyPaperBro.com provide write my college paper according to your requirements and formats.
If you find essay writer free, get in touch with our customer support team for more details.
Buy research papers cheap today, and we guarantee to assign a subject specialist to work on your paper.